Here's a mix-n-match set of platform methods. The open framed part is called a parallel.
The platforms on the top are comprised of a basic 4x8 and a 4x4 platform framed using 1x6 lumber. The bottom platforms are only slightly different as they are framed with 2x6 lumber. These bottom platforms also have casters attached.
To see a larger version, click on the board.
In other words, where do the wheels go?
More questions to think about:
- What is the elevation of each level of platforming?
- What is the height of the caster we're using?
- Do we use straight or swivel casters?
- How do we get the platform to rotate and not go where ever it wants to?
- How do we stop it from rotating? (Lock it in place)
- How do we get it to turn?
This is what the full stage looks like.