How to recycle for safe and efficient use of materials?
- Forget about the sledge hammer attack method!
- Use your tools to take the set apart. Sorry, I know that breaking stuff is a perk.
- Practice common sense when building the set.
- Remove all metal from all wood. (Nails, Screws, Bolts, Staples.)
- Create an efficient storage system. I know that most schools have a problem with storage. Click on Storage for some ideas.
- When making soft covered flats, don't use glue on the toggle. Then cut the cloth from the center and save it to make another smaller flat.
- If the ends of lumber is just too damaged from nails or screws, simply cut the end off and keep the good stuff from the middle.
- Save all bolts, nuts and washers.
- Toss all bent nails and used screws.
- Screws can get burrs when driven and these can cause injury when the screws are re-used.