How to create a cut list and then build a sample platform (cont.)
What will this lead to in his/her future?
Being able to create cut lists that work for required projects
Why does s/he need this?
To effectively fulfill the requirements of serving as a technical director or scenic carpenter.
What materials/supplies will the student need to supply?
Paper, Pencil, tape measure.
What materials/supplies will the teacher need to supply?
- 2″x4″ lumber, plywood.
- Table saw, Chop saw, extra Tape Measures, Air Nailer, Air Stapler.
What object/product shall the student end up with?
- A platform measuring 12″x8″
- Process, notes, outline, descriptions, script for teacher.
We will be continuing the work we started last time we met dealing with cut lists. You are to use what we learned and create a cut list for a platform for a platform measuring 12″x8″. you are going to work in teams of 2 or 3 and actually build this platform out of 2″x4″ lumber and 1/2″ or 3/4″ scrap plywood.
Questions that will encourage critical thinking and discovery:
What are the actual dimensions of a 2″x4″?
- How will the student be evaluated?
- Safe and effective use of tools. Accuracy of Finished platform. Team work.
Relate this to future classes via?
- Next week we start building the platforms for our next play.