SESSION – MANAGEMENT OVERVIEW
- A discussion of the standard organizational structures of various types of theatrical companies and how they might be adapted to various theatrical venues. Including community, repertory, professional, non-profit, elementary, secondary and higher educational theater programs.
- Discussion of organizational structure of the public school system. How does the funding work? Who is considered the producer? Who is the audience? Who is the client?
- Discussion of the legal aspects of theater – copyright laws, ADA compliance, purchasing rights and procedures, etc.
- What are the legal aspects of working with minors in a school setting? What permissions are required from the schools system? What permissions are needed from parents?
- Preparation of the production organizational binder. By the end of this course, this 1 ½” binder will have all the necessary information and forms needed to supervise the day to day operations of a production.
- Investigate the current selection of technical theater books available. Create a wish list for a personal library
- Add information on how binder materials can meet state dept. of education standards.
- Create bibliography for recommendations to public schools and their school’s library.
Do not do if they are missing.